Fire causes $300K damage in Alnwick/Haldimand near Centreton
PETE FISHER PHOTOGRAPHY
Damage is estimated at well in excess of $300,000 following a house fire in Alnwick/Haldimand Township on Sunday. Fire crews were called at 6:35 p.m. to the home located on Newton Road (near Centreton) to reports of a garage on fire. When crews arrived, the fire had spread to the house which was fully engulfed in flames.
Everyone was safely out of the house, but the house was totally destroyed by flames. Crews were also called from Hamilton Township to supply water to the scene.
No word on cause, but the owner did say he believes a gas can exploded inside the garage due to the extreme heat. Fire crews were called from Hamilton Township for assistance for manpower and shuttling water to the scene. Fire Chief Al Mann said the fire does not appear to be suspicious.