Seniors' Active Living and Education Forum is Friday
In partnership with the Older Adults Centres' Association of Ontario, the Cobourg Seniors Activity Centre will host the sixth annual Seniors' Active Living and Education Forum Friday.
From 10 a.m. To 3 p.m. at the Cobourg Community Centre, more than 35 exhibitors — local businesses and non-profit organizations — will provide information on issues and topics that are of interest to seniors in today's fast-paced high-tech society such as fraud, insurance, wellness and local services.
As well, seminars will be organized in the rooms adjoining the gym. The sessions include:
• Drive Wise by the OPP at 10:15 a.m.
• Mass-marketing fraud and cybercrime awareness by the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 11 a.m.
• Living your best life with all-natural health care by Herron Chiropractic at 11:45 a.m.
• Get Your Money by Ministry of Finance representative Jeremy Bertrand at 12:15 p.m.
• Protecting your data by the Cobourg Community Centre at 1:15 p.m.
• Internet fraud by the Cobourg Police Service at 1:45 p.m.
Councillor Debra McCarthy, co-ordinator of community services, said organizers are very please to be able to provide this informative event to Cobourg residents.
"It's invaluable to provide an event like this, where our community has an outlet to access information on senior services available in Cobourg,” McCarthy said.
The community centre is located at 750 D'Arcy St., and light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
For more information on this event, contact the Seniors Activity Centre at the Cobourg Community Centre, 905-372-7371.